Tell us your RLSS 125 story!
We believe that everyone who has been involved with lifesaving through the RLSS has a unique and personal experience.
This could be:
- Learning skills to stay safe around water
- Having fun at the pool or beach
- Being inspired to become a lifeguard
- Participating in lifesaving sport
- Making a rescue, saving a life, (or being rescued!)
- Getting a job in aquatics or even making it your career
- Volunteering to give back or pay it forward
- The Drowning problem in your country and working to solve it
As part of our 125th Anniversary Celebration we invite you to share your personal story so it can be shared it with others.
Just write your story in 125 words or less and, if possible, provide a photo; or create a video of 125 seconds or less in length, in which you personally tell your story.
Tips and Guidelines:
- Think about your topic. The ideas listed above are only suggestions to get you started. Make your story your own.
- Once you have a topic, choose whether you will do a written story or a video.
- Organize your story for impact; remember written submissions must be 125 words or less and videos must be 125 seconds or less. You will have to be concise and creative to get your message across.
- You may send in both a written story and a video. You may send more than one of each.
- Include your name, local RLSS branch or club and country in your story or video.
By submitting your story or video, you give the RLSS permission to post it on its social media and/or website. This is not a contest nor will any prize be given. Our goal is to share what we feel are the best submissions, those which will have the most impact and influence on others. We will evaluate your submission accordingly.
Posting on our social media channels/website is at the sole discretion of the RLSS and due to quality, number of submissions, content or other variables we may not be able to post all submissions. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please send your story or video to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of October 2016.