The Beach Bunch is an NGO based and founded in Brunei, with a vision to have better beaches for all, including its coastal wildlife.
Community expectations of water and beach safety have dramatically increased in recent years, due in part to an increase in drowning death and injury in some countries. This expectation is also based on the fact that successful drowning prevention programs in developed countries such as Australia have demonstrated that a structured program underpinned by a philosophy of risk management can and does reduce drowning death and injury.
The vision of our Lifesaving Programme is to further develop water and beach related community health and safety in Brunei through effective risk management and community engagement.
The objectives of this program are:
- To increase the awareness of water and beach safety of the local community and visitors to Brunei
- To enhance water and beach safety through a risk management approach
- To facilitate the provision of an effective beach safety service at targeted venues through well trained, experienced and supervised lifeguards
- To operate the service to recognised international standards
- To introduce lifesaving and ocean sports to enhance skills and to foster healthy activity and lifestyles
- To introduce a range of education and training programs in schools and local communities
- To leave a valuable community legacy for the people of Brunei and those who visit Brunei
- To engender a spirit of community health, safety and harmony in Brunei