Life Saving Association of Sri Lanka
The Sri Lanka Life Saving (SLLS) is the National body for life saving and water safety related activities in Sri Lanka. It is affiliated to the International Life Saving Federation (ILS), Royal Life Saving (Commonwealth) and International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF – UK).
Our main objective is to reduce drowning and water related accidents both in onshore and offshore within the country. Till to date, our records indicate that more than 5000 lives have been saved assuring a second chance of living. We have a proud record of training nearly one million members of public including school children, armed forces and Police force, for free of charge.
• To provide the community, a safer aquatic environment
• Provide and maintain the highest level of quality in public safety services for the citizens and visitors of Sri Lanka in aquatic environment through drowning prevention, rescue, awareness and education.
• Enhance Beaches as a safe environment by providing effective public safety services, community involvement and commitment to professionalism.
• To be recognized as the authority in modern public safety, training and management of aquatic environments.
• To supply public services that minimizes danger and prevents loss of life or injury.
• To educate the community and promote skills and knowledge in drowning prevention and safe aquatic recreation and competition.
Follow us on Facebook.